To me it is just another tool, I would not rely on it only. I do think the
idea of will Joe the plumber would know what SOS is, so I would want to
have both on board, then again I have at least 15 flairs on board. (many
expired, but still dry and sealed, so likely to be useful in an emergency.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Dreuge via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com
> wrote:

> Here is a nice review of the  Sirius Signal SOS C-1001 LED at Panbo.
>

> http://www.panbo.com/archives/2015/09/one_led_flare_replaces_us_required_pyros_sirius_signal_but_not_ocean_signal.html
>

> -
> Paul E.
> 1981 C&C 38 Landfall
> S/V Johanna Rose
> Carrabelle, FL
>
> http://svjohannarose.blogspot.com/
>
> On Jun 15, 2016, at 7:35 AM, cnc-list-requ...@cnc-list.com wrote:
>
> Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:11:53 -0500
> From: "Dennis C." <capt...@gmail.com>
> To: CnClist <CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
> Subject: Stus-List SOS signals - LED light to replace flares?
>
> Marinebeam says this light will replace pyrotechnic flares for a night
> signaling device.  Are they correct?  What would you use for a day signal?
>
> <
>
> https://store.marinebeam.com/led-flare-visual-distress-signal-never-buy-flares-again/
>

> Anybody have one of them?
> How would one convince a Coastie they are legal?
> What day
>
> Dennis

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!