hmm.  wish had seen this before finished repair.
Bill Walker

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Thursday, June 30, 2016 Neil Gallagher via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

Four years ago I put a new Universal M3-20B in our club launch, and new shaft
as well.  Drilled pretty deep holes in the shaft for the set screws, tightened
them and wired them in place.  After about two months the shaft slipped out,
with no apparent damage to the shaft.  I think what happened was the threads on
the end of the screws compressed in the holes allowing enough play to release
the shaft.  I then put the set screws in a lathe and cut the bottom of the
threads off, so it was just a solid tip, and tapered the end.  It's held since
then.

Neil Gallagher
Weatherly, 35-1
Glen Cove, NY