From: Ryan Doyle via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 10:01
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Ryan Doyle
Subject: Stus-List Grounding a mast - 30mki

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone can describe to me how they've ground their mast.  I have a
1976 30mki and we got caught out in a very fast-moving t-storm this weekend and
I realized I should have done this when I bought the boat last fall.  My mast
step is not original.  It is a big, fat piece of mahogany - which I envision
blasting apart if the mast took a direct strike.

The only idea I've had is using a steel ring clamp to attach a terminal on a
very large gauge wire (maybe 2 gauge?) to the bottom of the mast, then run this
wire a foot or two aft and down into the bilge to a keel bolt where I would
have a second ring clamp hold the wire's terminal to a keel bolt.  I worry
about how this would look and I also worry whether it would even be effective.

Anyone have a better solution?

Thanks in advance.  Hope you're all having a wonderful sailing summer.

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

greatly appreciated!