My C&C 29-2  came with a Schaefer 1 inch traveller car that is no longer made.
I found an inexpensive way of converting this car to a twin block car and it
worked quite well.  My 27-5 came with the same traveller car so I just did the
same simple conversion and thought I share it with list. The secret are Harken
10 bullet block sheaves with Delron bearings.  They are 1.25 inches and a
perfect fit.  Unscrew the eye strap and remove the two 1/4 inch screws.   The
sheaves have a perfect match 1/4 inch hole.   Cut a piece of 1.5 inch by 3x 1/4
aluminum bar for top plate and drill two 1/4 inch holes to mount strap.
Replace the original 1/2 inch long screws with 1.5 inch screws.  Put the screws
through the strap, cover plate and sheaves and attach.  Round the edges of the
cover plate.   Makes a nice looking car and works well with no outside blocks
flopping around.  You can even double the sheaves for a four block car if
desired.  Sheaves are only $10.   Jerry J&J

Sent from my iPhone

greatly appreciated!