Tackled the problem differently on Septima.  I installed a fresh water
bladder tank to feed the head.  No smells from decaying whatever ( reason
the Admiral wanted fresh water feed), no chance for overflow on port tacks,
no sea water in the boat (that thru hull is closed all the time.  Use tank
to provide lateral trim.

Allen Miles
S/v Septima  30-2
Hampton, VA

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 2:29 PM, robert via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> Recently, on port tack, my 'head bowl' was filling and overflowing with
> sea water.....wasn't completely sure whether it was a faulty 'choker
> valve'  or the valve in the 'shut off' lever....had to be one or the other,
> probably a faulty valve in the 'shut off' switch.
>
> Trip to Binnacle to check out possible solutions to the
> problem.....simplest way to address it was to get a whole new Jabsco pump
> assembly for $100.
>
> One hour labor in total install new pump..... disconnect 3 hoses from old
> pump, 4 screws in the base, screw new pump into place, connect the 3
> hoses.....one of the easiest boat jobs I have experienced.
>
> FYi for anyone having a similar problem.
>
> Rob Abbott
>
> AZURA
>
> C&C 32 - 84
>
> Halifax, N.S.

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!