Brian — I used heat-shrink butt connections, then made a loop behind the
deck/steaming light fixture; so there’s no direct strain on the connections
themselves.  The three wires for the deck/steaming light are then wire-tied
with all the wires coming from the masthead, where’s there’s tons of strain
relief; both antenna cables (heavy low-loss LMR-400 coax) exit the side of the
mast through Cable Clams for strain- and chafe-relief, and all the wires
through the masthead for the anchor light, masthead tricolor, Windex light and
wind instrument go into a low-profile waterproof aluminum junction box where
there’s strain relief; the masthead combo light is mounted on the top of this
box, for a little extra height and visibility.  I’ve posted a photo of the new
masthead setup on my web server:

www.postaudio.net/webserver/masthead.jpg
<http://www.postaudio.net/webserver/masthead.jpg>

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis

> On Aug 9, 2016, at 11:28 AM, Nauset Beach via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> Bill &/or Fred,
>
> The steaming / foredeck sounds like a great light and will probably get one.
> Have had 2 of the Forespar units and the foredeck light dies within a couple
> years.
>
> From one of the posted reviews it sounds like the electrical connection is
> made with butt connectors.  Did either of you provide any strain relief on
> the wire or is the weight of the wire hanging on the 3 connections?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

greatly appreciated!