Dave and all: what “announcement” is this, exactly?  I still get dealer-only
emails from Raymarine, and I haven’t received any announcements like the one
you reference.  And as Graham mentioned, Raymarine is NOT the only one who uses
their MFDs to update other system software.  Simrad, B&G and others do exactly
the same thing.

Can anyone on the list with a Garmin autopilot update its software with an SD
card, without having a Garmin MFD on the network?  How about upgrading your
Furuno instruments?

Getting angry about this doesn’t make much sense to me.  It’s industry-wide.

Fred Street -- Minneapolis

> On Sep 20, 2016, at 12:44 AM, RANDY via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> Given Raymarine's announcement, maybe I made a lucky choice. :)

greatly appreciated!