Patrick, I have to chime in for Apple here - and not speaking to the iPhone
7 because I haven't been paying attention and I'm an Android guy, but there
is no "hardware lock in" with Apple. "Ecosystem" lock in, absolutely. You
get the iPhone so you're locked to their App store - yes. This is also true
for Android. There are benefits and there are drawbacks, but hardware lock
in - no. They use all the same ports everyone else uses these days. I'm a
Windows, Linux and Mac guy ... Someone wants to take my macbook? - from my
cold dead hands!

The XPS laptops and that come close in industrial design these days - they
have that nice edge display. But it's still Windows and well, Windows was
my first, but it's a total kludge fest compared to the UI in OSX. I use
both, every day and once upon a time, back in the OS9 days, I made fun of
the mac guys.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto