If I were buying a sail right now I would be reading everything on Brian
Hancock's blog about lofts, cuts, and fiber. You can find it here.
<http://www.greatcirclesails.com/maximum-sail-power-blog.html> This guy is
a professional and up on the latest developments in fiber technology, which
is valuable since it is changing every season. He also has a book *Maximum
Sail Power* which may be a little dated in the fiber department, but the
fundamentals are still there.

FWIW, I race on a boat with North 3Di (which is / has replaced 3DL) and the
sails are bomb proof and fast. They will outlast any Dacron sail IMO. They
take a beating and keep on ticking. The taffeta laminate sails don't like
to be neglected or too much UV, which is why their longevity suffers in the
hands of some cruisers.

KD
30-2

greatly appreciated!