FWIW, I heard it explained that propwalk originates because the shaft is at an
angle to horizontal. The more angle the more prop walk. Also, more surface area
of the prop causes more prop walk. Sail drives have the least prop walk because
their shaft is horizontal, not at an angle. Power boats with outboards have
very little propwalk. Powerboats with inboards and angled shafts have the most
prop walk as their props are huge, too.

Propwalk is not a problem but a sideways thrust that if used wisely, can be
very helpful at times.

When docking stern first, I get the boat moving where I want it and shift into
neutral. I leave the throttle at idle and shift into reverse just long enough
to keep her moving. To slow or to stop, I place the shifter into foreward only
long enough to stop. Impulse power vs warp power.

Chuck Scheaffer
Resolute 1990 C&C 34R