Had the pleasure of trying to single handedly dock in a strong wind this
summer.  Tried to dock bow in starboard side and the wind kept blowing the
bow off.  Oh, I'll back in I thought since the prop walk will pull me to
port against the dock... The prop walk, wind, ferry wash and current made
me do a full 360 before the rudder would bite in reverse.  Amazingly I
didn't hit anything. I've been afraid to single hand ever since.

I'm looking into using a spring line and keeping the engine in gear to keep
the bow from blowing off.  Need to practice that technique.  Any comments
on spring line docking techniques?