I did a complete job on mine last winter.

With mast out.

Removed all the rod and shipped it to South Shore yacht in Ontario.

They inspected everything and replaced backstay, uppers, all turnbuckle males,
and all tangs.

Reheaded the rest.

My tangs were SS with an aluminium threaded joining part, and could not be
removed even with heat.

As recommended, I used 2 x 36” pipe wrenches and snapped the aluminium parts.
The new tangs have SS threaded part.

Coiled everything into 5’ dia, and shipped with fedex. No problem.

I had just bought the boat in March 2015, with unknown rigging, so I consider
this work to be a good investment, and peace of mind, which you cant put a
price on.

John

LF38 #234

St Margarets Bay NS