This sounds like a really good DIY project.  Not much on the Web other than
the couple of products posted (I like the apsltd cleat cover best).  So
here's one idea.

The goal is to make something that lifts a line over the cleat keeping it
from going under the horn(s).  So a vertical sided thingie won't really
work.  What is needed is an angle, like the apsltd cover.

Here's an idea.  Measure the cleat and make two trapezoids from wood or
StarBoard.  Place one on either side of the cleat.  They could be held in
place with some bungee through holes or machine screws with cap nuts.  From
the side they would look like this:

You could use a router to round all the edges.

OK, that's Prototype CC Ver. 1.0.  Improvements???

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA