Of course many of you know this, but modern tethers have a snap shackle
type connection at the lifejacket / harness for release under load (if
being dragged for example). This required for offshore racing. Also,
checkout Landfall Navigation <http://www.landfallnavigation.com/> for
safety equipment. IMO their prices are consistently lower in this
department.

FWIW, Safety equipment gets better and/or cheaper every single season.
Safety procedures are also evolving every single season thanks to the
rigorous studies of accidents and fatalities through by our more
accomplished sailing peers. This is one area where I believe there is
little to gain and potentially a lot to lose, by not letting your equipment
and your practice of safety/good Seamanship evolve with the times.

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017, 4:37 AM BillBinaList via CnC-List <