I used to have wire jacklines that I was always tripping over, so now I have
nylon webbing and it is only out when I need it.
As for tethers, anyone who has enjoyed a waterski crash where you somehow  got
tangled in the line knows being dragged at any speed for long is a death
sentence. If you fall, your tether had damn well better keep you on the boat or
the boat had better stop.

Joe
Coquina
35 MK I