I had the keel on Imzadi reduced from 6’1” to 5’6”, and installed a torpedo
made by Mars Metals. Back when I had it done, the cost was about $3600. Mars
was making the keels for Benneteau in South Carolina, and they shipped my
bulb on the back of a load going to Benneteau so shipping was cheap. I
expect that the same bulb would be more now because lead is more expensive.
Ditto the scrap value of the lead block you cut off.

We cut the keel with a chainsaw, weighed it and reported the weight to Mars,
they sent me a bulb that fit the profile of the keel and bolted in place
with ½” carriage bolts they supplied. IIRC, the lost keel weighed 850 pounds
and the bulb weighed 1150 (or something like that). The boat still points
well and NCPHRF gave me 6 seconds for shortening the keel.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC