From: Michael Brown via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>>
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>>
Cc: Michael Brown <m...@tkg.ca<mailto:m...@tkg.ca>>
Sent: Mon, Oct 9, 2017 10:50 am
Subject: Re: Stus-List Gotta Love These Hurricanes
Winds have been up this year. I went for the last sail of the season then
un-stepped the mast yesterday.
At 5 AM Sunday the Toronto Island Airport which is across the Western Gap from
the National Yacht Club
recorded a 47 mph gust, 32 mph winds. The forecast was for the wind to ease in
the afternoon to under
10 knots east, we enjoyed upwards to 20 knots south. Nice sailing in short
sleeves on October 8th.

A couple of weeks back on September 27th we had the last race of the fall
series with a storm line crossing
the province. Winds were consistently into the 20s  though we wondered if there
would be a significant
gust. The storm continued east towards Ottawa and the Britannia Yacht Club
where a downburst hit
them with a 100 mph gust and 87 mph for over a minute.

Hopefully not the new norm.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1

From: "Dennis C." <capt...@gmail.com<mailto:capt...@gmail.com>>
oge82d08k2ap...@mail.gmail.com<mailto:oge82d08k2ap...@mail.gmail.com>>

Touche' also escaped unscathed.  Dock neighbor emailed me all is well.  Was
worried one of the "derelict" liveaboard boats anchored astern of me would
break loose.  Wind would have carried it towards Touche's pier.

Saw 40 mph steady and gusts to 53 mph at Pensacola Naval Air Station.
Water level rose less than 3 feet.

All in all, Nate wasn't overly destructive.  Some localized damage on the
Mississippi Coast but could have been worse.

Let's hope we're done for the year.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

The bills have started coming in for the year 2018 and have gone up again.
October will be our fund raising month. Please consider sending a small
contribution to help keep this list running. Use PayPal to send contribution --
https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

All contributions are greatly appreciated!