Beemer survived the hurricane. With no damage other than covered with pine
needles. Five boat were not removed from the marina. Three sailboats and two
sport fishers. Two sailboat broke away from their slips. One ended up sunk
against the sea wall, mast sticking straight up and headsail flailing in the
wind. The other a 43' ketch also broke away from her slip and ended 3/4 miles
away laying on her side on the beach. A 10' gash at the waterline. The
remaining boat appear unaffected. All will receive immediate eviction notices.
The marina is closed. A meeting will be held by the city tomorrow morning to
assess damage and determine when the marina will reopen officially. The
commercial fishing boats were returning this afternoon to the commercial
harbor.. And I was told I could return to the marina tomorrow knowing there's
no power and scattered debris everywhere.
It helps when you know people.

Bob Caughran
Beemer 29mkll
Biloxi