I had Harken adjustable cars on my C&C 29-2 and now on my C&C 110. They are
expensive but they work so much better than other adjustable cars that I've
used on some of my friend's boats. As a direct real world comparison, one of my
friends who also had a 29-2 had Garhauer make custom genoa cars to fit on his
existing Merriman tracks. The fit was great but they were extremely difficult
to adjust under load. When the tension on the control line was released, the
car would not move aft. Even when there was a considerable wind load on the
sail which should have been enough to allow it to move on its own. He had to
pull on a line that was attached to the rear of the car to move it aft. In
fairness, the Garhauer cars did not have ball bearings like the Harken cars
have. My present boat is approximately the same size as your boat and the loads
generated by the genoa are similar too. I have no problem adjusting the lead
location even when the sail is fully loaded. I would think that if you
installed a Garhauer car on a boat larger than the 29-2, you may be
disappointed unless you don't mind unloading the sheet before you make a
forward adjustment to the car.

Ted Drossos
C&C 110
Lady in Red