Christian,

Water pooling on the side decks is an issue, along with the black streaks that
seem to radiate from the toe rail.  I have seen others use small pieces of
sponge or cotton rope to let the water wick over the side.  I would certainly
try this before cutting into the toe rail.  Give it a shot.

Jake

Jake Brodersen

C&C 35 Mk-III “Midnight Mistress”

Hampton VA