Don't do it.  Don't rebed it.  Don't cut it.

I use pieces of cotton oil lamp wick to wick the water over the side.
Minimizes the puddle and minimizes the streaks down the topsides.

Try that first and see if it works for you.  Won't completely eliminate the
issue but should reduce it quite a bit.

As far as rebedding the toe rail, that's quite a job.  I just run a few
beads of Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure down the toe rail/deck
interface each spring.  Stops leaks.  Takes just a few miniutes per bead
application.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA