If you want to test it spray some plexi then VHB tape  2 pieces together -- when you pull them apart you could gauge if there is any reduction in adhesion with your paint choice vs no tape.

Mark

CS30 - Prosecco

On 2018-03-14 8:17 AM, Gary Russell via CnC-List wrote:
I used the darker of the two grey tints and there is no need to paint.  You cannot see the gelcoat damage and I think the darker tint looks classy.  The darker tint has minimal effect looking out from the inside of the boat but makes it very difficult to see in, unless there are lights on in the boat.

Gary
S/V Kaylarah
'90 C&C 37+
East Greenwich, RI, USA