it may split the plys apart.  I'd just glue it with epoxy.  If you really feel
the need to make the joint stronger you should get a biscuit joiner.  The
resulting joint is much stronger, uses a wooden biscuit to make the joint - so
no corrosion issues.  Not visible after assembly.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscuit_joiner

Graham Collins
Secret Plans
C&C 35-III #11

On 2018-04-02 11:41 AM, Danny Haughey via CnC-List wrote:

Ok, I think I'm going to go with the Bronze Silicon screws given the the very
moist environment.  I am actively trying to chase down all the sources of water
in the bilge but, until then...  As I understand it, SS doesn't really like
like an environment that could be wet with little oxygen and suffers crevice
corrosion.

I have another question in reference to this same project.  I'll be adding a
solid 1/2 x 1 piece of teak to the edge of the T&H plywood to frame out the
bilge opening.  My plan is to epoxy it there and finish nail it in place.  I
can't seem to find any bronze finish nails.  Would anyone have any advice as to
the type of nail and material.  Currently I'm thinking my only option is a
stainless finish nail.  My question is more of what size, should I pre-drill to
avoid splitting the solid teak edging?  Actually any insight or advice at all
will be appreciated.

After this project I plan on going to the Salon to get my hair done and then I
reckon I'll jump on my mustang, called Ol Paint to mosey on over to the Saloon
for a whiskey and few hands of poker...

Danny