Charlie,

I can't feel any friction when the AH is disabled on my below deck RayMarine hydraulic. I wouldn't hesitate to go to it. Much less than the wheel pilot on the the 35. You are welcome to hop on and try it out while we're in your neck of the woods.

Mark Baldridge
'89 C&C37/40+ "The Edge"
Surf City, NC