Just for the sake of clarification, the Raymarine type 1 linear actuator below
deck auto pilot , which should be suitable for a boat your size is mechanical
not hydraulic.  The type 2 hydraulic system is far more expensive and would be
found on a bigger boat.  I’ve steered with both and found either to be
reasonably free of additional friction.
On a safety standpoint, below deck systems also serve as complete emergency
steering systems, independent of the cables, pedestal and drive wheel.  A big
plus!
Chuck Gilchrest
S/V Half Magic
1983 35 Landfall