Danny,

You are going to need to trace wires.  The regulator does not see different
banks.  The alternator output could go to one or both.  If it goes to one,
there needs to be a device (ACR etc) or switch to charge the other.  If you
check the voltage at each bank befroe and just after you start the engine
you should see a jump in voltage at each bank if they are both being
charged.  If there is an ACR, one bank will fully charge before the load
dumps to the other bank.

Joel

Joel
301 541 8551