I have numerous "soft shackles" on my toe rail and mast collar.  They
aren't actually soft shackles but rather small diameter continuous loops
that I luggage tag onto the metal fixtures.  Each one costs about 18" of
amsteel and less than 5 minutes to make.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD