I have a quick question about the specifics of starting a Yanmar SB8 single
cylinder engine. The previous owner also disconnected the kill switch and
turned off the engine with the key so i want to reattach the cable this spring.
Is there a specific amount of throttle to set it at prior to turning it over? I
think I remember by old Volvo-Penta had to be positioned at 3/4 open and then
immediately dropped down to idle once the engine turned over.
anything special I need to know? No real information out there and the old
service manuals are pretty much impossible to locate at this point.
Thanks for your suggestionsChris