John, the 37+ has a baby stay in front of the mast that a metal shackle or a
knot sometimes gets caught on. Soft shackles work great. Your 1/2 inch sheet is
good for about 10,000#. 1/4 inch dyneema core made into a soft shackle about
12,000#
Give or take plenty strong enough. You do need loops in the sheets to make it
work. Like others had said easy to make. Before I bought a fid set I used a bic
pen as a fid and made a dozen while watching a hockey game.
Len Mitchell
Crazy Legs
1989 37+
Midland On.