Baby stays are nothing but trouble more adjustments and totatly in the way
of everything else some C&C designs dont have them and some older designs
have single spreaders and no check stays. Keeps sailing simple and just as
good and just as fast like my 35  mkII i dare you to keep with me around
the course. KISS

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 6:09 PM John Conklin via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Thanks Len,
> Unfortunately I just purchased two new headsail lines ( 11mm VPC) I
> thought they would come nicely cut trimmed, sealed, taped, something but
> they were literally hacked off frayed and I had to waste 6” cut and seal
> myself lesson learned  I really wish I went with one long piece as now I
> could do the butterfly knot or just cut myself and have a nice slice done
> to attach to the soft shackle
> Been a year of learning for me :) but all good ! Good news most of the
> goodies are finally done and I will sail this winter in NC if it’s over 50
> degrees F :)
>
> John Conklin
> S/V Halcyon
>
> > On Nov 7, 2018, at 4:43 PM, Len Mitchell via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
> >
> > John, the 37+ has a baby stay in front of the mast that a metal shackle
> or a knot sometimes gets caught on. Soft shackles work great. Your 1/2 inch
> sheet is good for about 10,000#. 1/4 inch dyneema core made into a soft
> shackle about 12,000#
> > Give or take plenty strong enough. You do need loops in the sheets to
> make it work. Like others had said easy to make. Before I bought a fid set
> I used a bic pen as a fid and made a dozen while watching a hockey game.
> > Len Mitchell
> > Crazy Legs
> > 1989 37+
> > Midland On.
> >
> > Sent from my mobile device.
> >
> > Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions.  Each
> use PayPal to send contribution --
> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.paypal.me%2Fstumurray&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C9f0e5f8b7cf64d2b0c0008d644fa3d05%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636772238880807583&amp;sdata=Taa2JuvDrpGmSZcoZRE3NoZCAOXhNYumHEGVcIM4DsY%3D&amp;reserved=0

> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile