I would use this.
http://www.apsltd.com/t-ball-bail-5-32.html

Choose the right size for your rope selection.  I would choose something
like 5/32 or 3/16 amsteel.
http://www.apsltd.com/hardware/wire-and-wire-fittings/t-ball-fittings-and-plates-j-hooks.html

Use a locked brummel splice and luggage tag it on to the fitting.  A locked
brumell at the other end should work well too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theriggingco.com/2014/08/01/not-all-t-terminals-are-created-equal/amp/

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+