Mike,

If you get a pod, make sure your pedestal guard is tall enough to hold it and
keep the chartplotter far enough from your compass so as not to affect its
accuracy (your Raymarine manual will tell you how far away it needs to be.)

Additionally, the downside to a pod is that you can only use the display from
directly behind the wheel. Personally, even when motoring, I like to drive from
the sides. As such, I mounted mine with a rail clamp so I can change the angle.
It may not be as pretty as a pod install, but certainly more functional.

All the best,

Edd

---------------------------------------
Edd M. Schillay
Captain of the Starship Enterprise
C&C 37+ | Sail No: NCC-1701-B
City Island Yacht Club | City Island, NY
www.StarshipSailing.com
914.774.9767   | Mobile
Sent via iPhone X
iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

On Nov 20, 2018, at 7:00 PM, Michael Crombie via CnC-List