My solution is a rotating pod on a platform.  The photo is mark I.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/43wn90deuauc5dh/AACB0OMJeRle0KBX62sczHVra?dl=0

Mark II has a larger wooden platform.  I don’t have enough room behind the
pedstal guard for a platform, so it has to be in front. I like being able to
see the chartplotter from either side while steering, therefore the
rotating/tilting pod.  It is supported by Sailrite clamps and a aluminum angle
bracket. Mark III version will likely have stainless tuming for support and
Sea-dog 90° clamps, but this version has worked fine for a year.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT