I'd appreciate some advice regarding a non-functioning depth sounder.

Near the end of the season my depth sounder started reading 0 no matter the condition.  I couldn't find any obvious explanation for the problem - but I'm thinking that the Autohelm depth and speedo are original to the 1986 boat - so likely better to suck it up and replace than to jury rig a repair or sink money into a new transducer.

Should I just replace the broken depth and worry about the speedo at at another time?  Anyone think it's better to do a whole package?

I have a Raymarine wheel pilot (waiting for me to install) - so I assume the smart move would be to stick with the same product line. Such as - Raymarine i40 Depth System with Thru-Hull Transducer E70142.  With the Binnacle a new depth sounder $340, and a new speedo ($350) combined for almost $700 - would I be better to add a whole package with wind instruments?

Raymarine i70s Instrument Value Pack Speed Depth Wind T70226 -  https://tinyurl.com/y9zumft6 - $1600 cdn at Binnacle (I wouldn't mind if I could get water temp as well but don't know if that's an option with Raymarine).

Another option - someone on this list suggested SailTimer as a better option for wind instruments.

Thanks in advance

Mark

--

There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
  - George Santayana