Don't think I'm going to go refurbished or The big question - do I jump to the whole package and add in the wind sensor or just replace the existing depth.

Dwight noted the benefits of all the extra info - but I have to admit I have zero experience in that area --- my sailing history is in dinghys with zero instruments, and my last 2 keel boats with only depth and speed.  Add that more often than not I don't have "crew"

I guess the single transducer speed/depth/temp adds another minor complexity - I'd have a thru-hull to plug.  But I have a couple unused thru-hulls from my conversion to composting head - so I'll need to patch those sometime soon anyway.

I'm going to take a closer look at my wires - see if there is any sign of damage that could be repaired.   If no luck I'll have to decide which way to go.

I'll likely wait for boat show sales to see if there are deals - or Fred do you have deals on an i70 system?

Mark

There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
  - George Santayana
On 2018-12-18 5:33 PM, Frederick G Street via CnC-List wrote:
Mark — I would NOT consider the i40 system for wind; your only choice for a wind transducer is one suitable only for power boats.

The i70 is a nice system; and yes, you do get water temp with it, as the transducer is a single depth/speed/temp transducer.  And you get a much better wind transducer.

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis
S/V Oceanis (1979 C&C Landfall 38) -- on the hard in Bayfield, WI   :^(