Also, unlike the iPad the Samsung tablets (at least mine) will:

-Have a gps antenna in a non-cellular model.

-Run openCPN.

I use an iPad because I had two already when I went in this direction, but I
also bought a small entry level Samsung tablet, tried it and it worked fine.

Next upgrade will migrate to Samsung/android.

 I also have a tablet/pc that can be connected to the n2k network via USB
gateway at the navstation.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone