Hello all,

I spent the day wet-sanding the bottom of Callisto and she is nearly ready
for a coat of paint. I also cut out the old keel joint rubbery sealant, in
preparation for some Sikaflex 291. I plan to scrub the gap a bit more and
clean with lacquer thinner before letting dry.

All the through hulls look good, bronze with marelon valves.

I have two depth transducers, one for a Standard Horizon DS30, and the
other for a Garmin 140 Fishfinder, both working. There is a plug for the
old B&G speed sensor, but I was pleased to find another newer speed sensor
in good shape, it appears to be a Garmin like this:

http://www.airmar.com/productdescription.html?id=103

The specs show either a NMEA 2000 or analog cable, but I haven't traced it
yet to determine which one I have. Of course, the B&G H1000 system I have
only does NMEA 0183, so I will need a signal converter, I think. I'm
hesitant to spend any money on the old B&G system until I verify the pieces
I have actually work though.

Also, the plug for the old B&G sensor is very thin plastic, about 2mm
thick. I'm thinking of filling the hollow plug with epoxy so it doesn't
sink the boat if it ever cracks. Or maybe just find a better one? It's 1
3/4" diameter.

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com