I imagine a hydraulic or electric ram might fit in the well if one end were
anchored forward of the rudder post, and the ram extended fore and aft instead
of being mounted athwartship. The ram will work either way. The control head
will need to be oriented on the centerline of the boat and a rudder sensor may
be required.

CS