I unplug my shore power whenever I'm away from the boat. I don't have
refrigeration and I have AGM batteries which hold their charge for a long time.
I buy cold beer on the way to the boat and a bag of ice and I'm good for the
weekend. I added air conditioning but I never intend to add refrigeration
unless my wife throws me out and I have to move aboard. Most of the boats at
most marinas have their power on and the air conditioners and refrigerators
running non-stop. It's a huge waste of power to keep the boat dry and the ketch
and mustard cold. I developed a routine to clean out the ice box before leaving
and it is now a habit and easy enough to do.

In spite of religiously unplugging the boat, my boat's metal chainplates and
mast step suffered from electrolysis. Not sure if it was the marina or my own
electrical system which may be bleeding through the charger thru the prop shaft
to the water. I'm anxious to to test things after splashing.

Chuck S, Resolute, 1990 C&C 34R