Hi Bill,

Talk to a local rigger.  I found a good rigger on my dock stripping the cover
off a hi-tech halyard on a race boat.  He explained he always had more cover
than he needed and sometimes donated it to a friend for dog leashes.  He just
gave me 40’ of his scraps for free.

May you may find a generous rigger too. . .

2 cents, Lee
s/v Simplicity
Seattle