Wish I could get mine out ! Really don’t want to force it and have an issue
should I break something while in the water so it will have to wait to I haul
out. So I don’t have to sail around with a plug in my boat  :( I know (saw) the
yard painted right over it when they did the bottom paint  so  I have no
reading and no true boat or TWS. Is there a way to test the transducer to see
if the unit is working or even has a signal going to the instrument
Newer  I 70?
May go to no wheel style next haul out
Thanks !

John Conklin
S/V Halcyon
S/V Heartbeat
www.flirtingwithfire.com<http://www.flirtingwithfire.com>

On Jul 26, 2019, at 3:42 PM, Dennis C. via CnC-List

Brian,

First, replacements are readily available. Look for the 43 mm transducer. If
you can’t find one, contact me and I’ll find you one.

Second, I leave mine out unless I’m sailing.

Third, I spray mine with Corrosion Block. Probably doesn’t stay on long but it
makes me feel like I did something. Any lightweight oil should work.

Dennis C.
Touché 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 26, 2019, at 1:18 PM, nausetbeach--- via CnC-List

This year the boat speed paddlewheel on my Nexus Classic system seems to be
binding.  I get 0 boat speed when motoring at 3-4 kts and it finally starts to
read when the boat accelerates to 5-6 kts, but it shows the boat speed ~ 4 kts.
 I pulled the paddlewheel and left it sitting in a cup of fresh water for
several days to loosen any shrimp and other potential aquatic growth and then
used a tooth bush on it to clean it. I can spin the paddlewheel by flicking my
finger on it but still slows then stops much more quickly than it used to.

I cannot see anything that might be binding the paddlewheel.  Any suggestions?
Soak it in dilute white vinegar?  Spray McLube on it?  The unit / system is
long time discontinued so  getting a replacement is not possible.

TIA,
Brian