Francois,

Doesn't answer your specific inquiry but I had issues getting my Navico
WP30 to interface with my Nexus Classic system even though the instrument
server output NMEA 0183 data.  Not sure whether it was a data protocol or a
voltage issue.  They simply would not talk to each other.  The WP30 would
not do steer to wind.  I had steer to waypoint by interfacing the WP30 to
my GPS.

After years of frustration I bought a used Noland NMEA multiplexer off
eBay.  I feed the multiplexer from the Nexus server and the WP30 now has
all functionality; steer to course, steer to wind, steer to waypoint, etc.
Further, my GPS now shows wind data on the navigation display.

 Like you, I bought a used WP30 off eBay so I now have a spare.

Side note:  The only oddity I've noticed is the WP30 now does NOT
deactivate navigation mode (steer to waypoint) when the GPS signals
waypoint arrival alarm.  The boat calmly changes course and heads to the
next waypoint.  Before, when the GPS signaled arrival at a waypoint, the
WP30 deactivated steer to waypoint mode and defaulted to steer to course
mode.  This is so the WP30 would not initiate a wild and crazy turn for the
next waypoint.  The multiplexer has a USB port.  I looked at the data and
have no clue why the arrival alarm code does not make it through the
multiplexer.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA