I am going through similar anguish Francois,

B&G told me I couldn’t connect an older AutoPilot to the Zeus, but being a
sailor, I am willing to spend $$ to save nickels.

I am trying to connect a Simrad J300X , and fortunately I have an IT wizard in
my back yard, literally, JR Farrar who also is on this list. We attached a
Actisense NGW-1, (which converts NMEA0183 to 2000) to the Simrad, and magically
I Now have a Rudder Sensor showing on the Zeus, which pleases me to no end.

Actisense does say that you need one of these converters for each NMEA 0183
thingy you are trying to convert, so I am going to find out if I can connect
another one to some other terminals on the Simrad to get the autopilot itself
to show up.  I believe if you have an Autopilot that is recognized, you will
have a tool bar on the left side of the Zeus that you can swipe over to show
autopilot control, like the bar on the right hand side of the screen.

Also wondering if buying the autopilot controller might create magic on the
screen.

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|2331321|2028687|2028714
<https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|2331321|2028687|2028714&id=3470315>
 &id=3470315

Eventually, after much thrashing and head banging, we will probably both end up
with new B&G autopilots, because that is how these diabolical electronics
companies get us.

Bill Coleman

Erie PA