I think he means the short piece of hose that goes from the hull tube
flange to the seal carrier (just guessing at the names here). I suspect the
biggest risk is if the seal is too tight and binds, it can place too much
twist force on the hose, spinning it off or cracking it.

Another short piece of hose I know needs to be replaced on my 35-2 is
between the two water tanks under the settee - looks really old and
brittle, but also a real bear to replace in such a tight space. And of
course the tank filler hose disappears behind the fixed seatbacks, along
with the AC wiring. I've already ordered new 14/3 wire and will be
abandoning the old paper insulated AC wires asap.
--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com