I did this a couple of years ago and found it much easier than anticipated. I
was dealing with an early C&C 33 so different configuration. I built a plywood
platform to cover the cabin sole so as not to scratch it. I used a chain fall
attached to the main halyard to lift and a block and tackle to drag it forward
from under the companion way. I tied the halyard to the boom so when the engine
was high enough I could swing the boom with the engine over the dock and
lowered it into a dock cart. Once you have all the stuff off the A4 is pretty
light.
Dave.
1975 C&C 33
SLY