I'm sure most of us have a story (or two) about a boat related decision we
made that we wish we'd done differently.  Many of them probably involve
"cheaping it" or doing something in haste.  Some are painful; some are just
lingering "shoulda woulda's".

One of my "lingering" ones is having my Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster
rebuilt by someone other than Lew Townsend out in Seattle (Lew was on
extended vacation and I was impatient).  Went to boat this week after a
couple weeks absence and the backstay was slack.....again.  The adjuster
had eased an inch or so.  It holds fine for day sailing or a race but eases
ever so slowly over a couple weeks.

One of my painful decisions was installing a Lewmar line adjustable genoa
car system.  While it works "okay", it doesn't adjust as easily as a Harken
system or perhaps a Garhauer system.

Perhaps sharing some of your stories will save others from similar
regrettable decisions or, at worst, give us a chuckle.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA