All this talk has my thinking I should double up on my furler lines. I tie
a quick loop knot around the final blocks mounted at the cockpit so I can
just pull the loop to release them. The line is also flaked and hung from
the stern rain, but that's probably not going to save me should the knot
come free. I also do two wraps of the sheets around the furler. I think
I'll add a more secure knot at the final block to be safe.

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com