Hi Bruce,

This makes good sense for sure. The problem I have is that the clews on
both my headsails are very high off the deck - I have to unfurl partly
before I can reach them easily (I am 5'8"). I can just reach the
smaller/inner headsail clew, but the genoa is at least 18" above that. When
I remove the sheets for cleaning, I tied a single line on the clew, then
wrapped it and tied off securely to the foredeck, which I will probably do
for the next month or so as I work on the electrical and won't be sailing.
I do visit the boat every week or so, and if there is a time when I will be
away for longer, I may just remove the sails.
--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com