My genoa sheets tend to lie on the deck along the toerail unless I pull
them really tight, so they can get a bit dirty from crud on the deck. Also,
because I'm next to the Navy base and graving dock, there is a lot of
sediment in the air, especially when wind is from the south. When I left
today, I pulled all the sheets tight to get them off the deck, and double
knotted the furling lines. I'll probably pull the sheets off when I get a
chance, and use a short line to wrap the sails, as the sheets are a
tripping hazard getting on/off the boat when pulled tight.
--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com