This thread reminds me that I still haven't finished fabricating the
e-tiller for my 35-2. I think I asked a while back, but if anyone has a
photo of an original 35 mk2 tiller, I'd love to see it. It is quite
different from the mk1, since the rudder post is behind the pedestal. What
came with the boat is a thick steel plate that clamps on the rudder post,
then a vertical aluminum pipe to bring the height to almost above the
wheel, ending in a "T" welded to the pipe. I have a few ideas on how to
make a tiller to attach to "T", but am still curious to see what an
original looks like.

Oh, and my re-wiring job that is quickly progressing to a complete teardown
of the boat has almost reach the steering gear, so an inspection under
there is imminent. Things looked good in terms of nicely greased and clean,
but the issue of cable damage caused by rudder turning too far needs to be
checked - my rudder turns beyond 45 degrees at full lock.
--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com